|Illustration by Joana Avillez|
Cartoonist Joana Avillez also know as Swann, the private performance artist in Delusional Downtown Divas shares the top 10 items she would put in a time capsule:
1. The Little Lulu Library (volumes 1-18). My favorite comic since childhood.
2. Tsukemono (Japanese pickles). Let them pickle themselves into pure ecstasy...
3. A couple Sade CD's, for smooth listening in the future.
4. A stack of printer paper. Secret favorite for drawing.
5. My leather agnes b. cardigan. I don't know if I could part with it for the time capsule, but it is very important.
6. Aliens & Anorexia by Chris Kraus. This book changed my brain.
7. All the drawings my dad and I made together when I was a kid.
8. Some apple seeds. For evolution's sake!
9. The day's newspaper. Isn't that proper time capsule etiquette?
10. And a letter: to the aliens who find it all.