Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Item of the Week: Cardboard Future

Check out this amazing company that produces furniture made from corrugated cardboard. From cardboardfuture.com:

There are many grades of corrugated cardboard and most of them would not be suitable for making furniture, let alone the kind of furniture that meets European strength and stability requirements.

The Grade A board we use has long, strong fibres and is made from at least 74% recycled paperboard. The remaining 26% of virgin wood fibre comes from 100% certificated sustainable raw materials from the UK and Europe. The boards are die-cut using state-of-the-art machinery and then varnished with a water-based protective skin and part-assembled by hand using high bond water-based glues – and absolutely nothing else. The end result is 100% recyclable. In addition, wherever possible we will take back damaged or end-of-life product to refurbish and re-supply to schools, nurseries, prisons, and hospitals.